Hey guys!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Zimri, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Zimri

Zimri
    Expand Collapse

I just recently found out about Yo-Kai Watch! I had seen a Japanese game play awhile back and I'm so happy they released it for the United States. I just tried the demo and watched the first two episodes of the show, and I have to admit I like it a lot! I plan to get the game tomorrow if all goes well.

Anyways how did you guys find out about it and do you like it more then Pokémon?

2. Ashmilk

Ashmilk
    Expand Collapse

hey zimri, the game is great you'll really like it. I found out about it from watching japanese gameplay videos on youtube.

I like it more than pokemon, pokemon has used the same formula for a long time, yokai watch's combat mechanics are new and refreshing.

3. Zimri

Zimri
    Expand Collapse

PAD for the 3ds has such a super tiny storyline which I really didn't like. Literally after the first part there isn't really any story just matching orbs and going through the different lands. Does this have a good one?

4. Casanuva

Casanuva
    Expand Collapse

I don't really understand your question so I can't answer it, sorry. Hopefully Ashmilk can though.
    Anyways, I got into Yokai Watch when I saw fanart of the yokai online. I didn't know what it was initially, but once I matched it with a name I developed an interest in it especially since it's made by Level5, whose games I really love. When the game was confirmed for an English release, I pre-ordered it as soon as I could, and I've been way into it since I finally got a hold of it.
    I'm not sure if I prefer it to Pokemon. I think they both have their own merits. I prefer YW's concept of summoning yokai opposed to capturing Pokemon, it's better since you don't feel like the yokai you aren't using are cooped up in a box. On the other hand, I seriously prefer Pokemon's postgame. But they both have fun gameplay, cute/cool monsters, and bare-boned but endearing stories. I just can't choose.