My thoughts on Yokai Watch as a hardcore Pokemon fan

Discussion in 'General' started by darkfiend, Oct 29, 2015.

1. darkfiend

darkfiend
    Expand Collapse

I know it is not *truly* that honest of a comparison, but I am going to anyway.

Some thing in me type of prefers Yokai Watch, primarily for the battling method and controls. The controls really feels way more polished and the combat is a fast-paced which I like! I will certainly be buying this in the future

SploderianRich and Ven Vanity like this.
  2. Ashmilk

Ashmilk
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, understandable. I am considering of giving up Pokemon for a couple of many years and stick to Yokai Watch and see exactly where it goes.

Ven Vanity likes this.
  3. Fionna Branda

Fionna Branda
    Expand Collapse

For certain. :) I hope this gets to be a hit in the West so we can get the sequels.

SploderianRich and Ven Vanity like this.
  4. nyan chan

nyan chan
    Expand Collapse

Yeah certainly. Pokemon are far more like of animals (which is fine!) but the Yokai are *characters*. I can see the Yokai becoming more fascinating in the over time. I have grown up with Pokemon and my first game was Pokemon Gold, but I am discovering the turn based battling to be a small tedious.

Ven Vanity likes this.
  5. SirRedWizard

SirRedWizard
    Expand Collapse

I just like how this game focuses a bit much more on exploration, like searching below vehicles and vending machines to discover stuff!

6. lilyrae

lilyrae
    Expand Collapse

I've been hearing a lot of people say that they did like the Yoaki Watch much more than Pokemon. I didn't play it much, so I don't have an opinion. From the demo I have to say that it's a very good game. I really did like it and I totally think that it's going to be worth the buy.

7. AmberSmith

AmberSmith
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that is so true! When you're playing Pokemon it's more these animals that you're playing with and not the characters that are much better. I think in that way people will be able to connect withe the game more, and why more people will be able enjoy it.

8. BlinX

BlinX
    Expand Collapse

I think that yokai watch needs some touch ups on objectives and side missions so there's motivation to complete them. I find it a pain to do challenges because they always say "go to uptown", why not put a pin on the map or allow yourself to add pins to the map?

Mechanics are great but missions and the map are poorly done.

9. theawesome1

theawesome1
    Expand Collapse

I love both yo kai watch and pokemon But im starting to lose interest in it, I still like pokemon though, plus I end up losing interest in books or games or any entertainment for that matter if im not engaged in it for a while

10. Whisper

Whisper
    Expand Collapse

I think both are great, but in different ways.
    Each series brings something unique to the table, and I don't personally see why people feel they can only like one or the other.

Ven Vanity likes this.
  11. RyanFritz

RyanFritz
    Expand Collapse

I have to agree with you. It's a very good game and everything is very well done. That's the one thing that I loved the most about the game.

12. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson
    Expand Collapse

I was also a Pokemon fan, and I have to say that I was happy with this. I didn't know what to expect when I had first heard of it, but I knew that I had to try it out. I'm happy that I did though because it's a very good game.