Question About 3DS Game

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by baelor30091, Oct 16, 2015.

1. baelor30091

baelor30091
    Expand Collapse

So I was a massive fan of the Pokemon video games when I was a child, but as I grew older I kindof fell out of it due to my OCD tendencies not mixing nicely with all the min-maxing way of IVs, Natures, and so on.

This game appears to have the core mechanics I truly loved about Pokemon, with a couple of distinctive quirks, but I have been questioning how the stat side of issues are dealt with. If it is just as convoluted as Pokemon I might not buy.

2. darkfiend

darkfiend
    Expand Collapse

iirc there IS some type of mood factor that Yo-kai have that is kind of comparable to natures. They give your Yo-kai particular traits in battle, generally to do with the strength and speed of their auto-attacks. I could be incorrect, although. They do also come with randomly produced base stats just like Pokémon.

Nevertheless, I do not believe stats/"natures" ought to be that large of a concern because there is no player vs player element to the game as far as we know (there is speculation about some type of multiplayer going about). I have heard that the game does take more strategy later on, but that is most likely in relates to what kinds of Yo-kai (class, attribute) you take into battle and how you consider benefits of their abilities in real time. I have never played the game, so consider this with a grain of salt :V

3. z9z9

z9z9
    Expand Collapse

They acquire exp following every battle which then boosts their stats. Nevertheless, I was informed there are various types of the exact same Yo-Kai that can be discovered which might have much better stats from a Nintendo Rep at NYCC. Whilst you can use soultimate (special attack), target (inform your yo-kai exactly where to concentrate their attacks), and purify them (restore them). The demo was truly enjoyable and I loved the combat mechanics a lot much more than Pokemon! If you are in a position to give a demo a try, I really suggest it. I was not going to buy the game but the demo convinced me otherwise.

4. nyan chan

nyan chan
    Expand Collapse

It sounds like the demo may be launched into the eshop. If that occurs I am certainly going to mess about with it. Sounds like it may be much less aggravating than Pokemon. It was usually irritating to catch a rarer Pokemon just for it to have a subpar nature.

5. RyanFritz

RyanFritz
    Expand Collapse

I didn't hear that, but I'm glad that they are. I think that it would really help me to figure out if I want to buy the game. I've kind of been on the fence about it because I don't want to buy it if it wasn't that good. So, if we do get to test it out, then that will be awesome!

6. AmberSmith

AmberSmith
    Expand Collapse

I mean I'm not sure how much like Pokemon it's going to be like. I didn't play it as much as a child, so I don't know too much about it. I did hear people getting mad because they thought that it would be like Pokemon because they thought that it was pretty much a rip off. I mean I don't think that it's ripping it off too much, but I also don't think that it will be totally similar to Pokemon.