I hope the Yokai Watch Shojo Manga will get translated as well!

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by randy4lyfe, Oct 16, 2015.

1. randy4lyfe

randy4lyfe
    Expand Collapse

I am speaking about the manga that follows Fumika(Katie) rather of Keita(Nate). So far it has received 1 volume with the 2nd coming out at the end of this month. For the unaware, its known as Youkai Watch Waku Waku Nyanderful Days.

From what ive noticed, its super adorable and has the humor down fairly great as well. It also appears to be an alternate retelling as Katie encounters each Whisper and Jibanyan in a different way.

Anywho, appears Nintendo is mainly attempting to sell the series to the male demographic (you cannot even tell that Katie is playable on Nintendo's official web site!) so I can see why they'd skip it (also, only two volumes opposed to Yokai Watch's). But i'm hoping for an english release.

2. baelor30091

baelor30091
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I believe they are attempting to produce a cohesive series with the video games, anime, manga, toys, and so on & Nate is the front man for that. Hopefully once the franchise earns some recognition they will begin to introduce Katie much more.

3. nyan chan

nyan chan
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of which I wonder if Katie will get a watch by Hasbro. It took her longer to get 1 in Japan as well.

4. z9z9

z9z9
    Expand Collapse

I hope it will get translated, as well! I was not planning on getting that manga, but it would be good if it received some more recognition so that there can a bigger fanbase of female demographic in the US with Yo-kai watch.

5. AmberSmith

AmberSmith
    Expand Collapse

I really also hope that they do a good job with the translation. I mean I"m sure that they will because they have some good people working for them, I just wish that it would come out sooner! I've heard that the series is very good, so I do want to check it out at some point.