There is 1 factor that confuses me about the group developing/battling mechanics...

Discussion in 'General' started by Fionna Branda, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Fionna Branda

Fionna Branda
    Expand Collapse

Admittedly, I have not really played the game however, so perhaps it'll make much more sense as soon as I get my hands on it, but I was studying [this post](http://watchofyokai.com/yo-kai-launch-week-the-magic-of-yo-kai-kinds/) and they had a good summary of how every Yokai kind relates to a common RPG battle function. For instance, Mysterious are casters, Heartful are healers, Slippery buffs, Difficult yokai are walls, and so on. But I have noticed in demos and in the post itself that you get a bonus for getting numerous Yokai of the exact same kind adjacent on your group. So would it truly be advantageous to have a group of mainly Charming Yokai? Do the bonuses they grant outweigh the advantages of getting a diversified group with a couple of attackers, casters, healer, and defenders?

2. Komasan

Komasan
    Expand Collapse

I mean from what I understand, you want a balanced team. You don't want nothing but healers for example. I mean with any strategy game like this, you need to really focus on what kind of team you want and how you personally want to play.