112+ Subtitle issue

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by fubuki_fourze40, Dec 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. fubuki_fourze40

fubuki_fourze40
    Expand Collapse

Recently the only person subtitling the anime (Mongeesubs)has gone on a hiatus which may be permanent considering its been over 6 months since she last subbed an episode of the show.The point is we need a new subtitler for the show.I've recently found someone saying that if it isn't subbed by the end of the year they'll become a translator for the show.I would like to know if there are any solutions to this.I tried contacting TV-Nihon to ask if they could sub the show but I cannot find a way to get into contact with them.

2. Komasan

Komasan
    Expand Collapse

Wow I had no idea this happened! I am sorry to hear it. No one has been able to contact them? I don;t know why someone would just up and quit without even saying anything. That seems a bit rude if that is the case.

3. fubuki_fourze40

fubuki_fourze40
    Expand Collapse

Oh your familiar with tv Nihon?nice

And the reason she has is that she doesn't feel motivated to do so anymore.One one hand she did subtitle 112 episodes of the show plus the first movie.On another hand she kinda screwed over the fans of the show (at least those who like it with English subs) by just quitting so I don't think I'd call her rude

Komasan likes this.
  4. Komasan

Komasan
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that isn't fair at all. I mean if you are committed to something, you keep at it. I am one of the people who like the English subs myself. So this kind of bums me out. I been super busy because of college and work but to come back to bad news sucks :(

5. fubuki_fourze40

fubuki_fourze40
    Expand Collapse

It sucks,but maybe you could get into contact with TV nihon

6. Diam0ndL4ce

Diam0ndL4ce
    Expand Collapse

So what happens now? I am new to the show. I would hate to run into an issue with watching it :(
    I am not a fan of animes that don't have English dubs for them. This is really sad news for me if they don't find a replacement.

7. SSKenny

SSKenny
    Expand Collapse

Well it seems in the last couple of weeks our prayers have been answered! :D
    http://ww1.gogoanime.io/youkai-watch-episode-113
    And 114 is up too. This new translating duo has taken it up! They're working through the episode backlog now, and I'm kinda hoping they'll do the third movie too (as that looked absolutely hilarious from the trailers).

As for miss Mongee subs, she was a one woman translating team. She wasn't being paid to do it, it was nothing more than a hobby, and it was becoming more and more tedious with people on and on at her to sub the episodes bang on schedule whilst also wanting her to do the second film, on her own, whilst she herself was trying to have a life. So if she wanted to pack it in, I don't blame her. Some warning would've been nice, yes, but at the same time you really can't blame her.